FAT ATTACK – Wild Coast – 31 May – 3 June 2018
Endless Beaches, Great Hotels and your very own fat bike is what Fat Attack is all about.
The Wild Coast is your home for 3 days and the trick is to “keep the sea on your right!”
The route is all GPS based and a a few of you will race for line honours while the rest just chill, take pics and aim for a finish. This all adds up to the most perfect 3-day “chilled out” beach ride one could ever wish for.
It’s mostly beaches but we do pop inland into Forests, Villages and tackle some rocky rugged sections along the way. It’s an average of 40km a day and 4 great riding hours each day arriving at the hotels, Wavecrest and Mazeppa Bay, for lunch and an afternoon of lazing about, swimming and consuming a few cold ones.
Thursday 31 May
Fly into East London and hop on the shuttle to Morgan Bay. Registration is hosted by our pretty Fat Attack Lifeguards and bike set up is the order of the day with riders fitting cleats and saddles to their FAT CAT PRO Fat Bike. The goodie bags (with beach gear) is always a hit and the view of the Beach start line from your hotel window will truly blow you away.
Friday 1 June
From Morgan Bay it’s onto the beach and into the village of Kei Mouth. We cross the Kei River by motorised ferry and back to the beach all the way to Seagulls and Trenneries Hotel. We now run inland on sand tracks till we get to the Kobonqaba river and we cross at the mouth using whatever flotation device is handy. If we get the tides right it’s an easy portage across the mouth. Then it’s onto the Cebe forest and some awesome single track till we finally land up on the runway and into an awesome Wild Coast Treasure…. The Wavecrest Hotel.
Saturday 2 June
A pre-breakfast ferry takes the bikes across the Inxaxo River to start the 15km ride along the most beautiful coastline till we reach the Ngqwara Estuary. Then we climb inland along sled paths and navigate our way into the Manubi State Forest. A 6km traverse through the forest and we skirt the Qora Gorge inland jumping back onto the beach 3km from Mazeppa Bay where we finish off with some awesome single track into the home of the Great White Shark … Mazeppa Bay Hotel.
Sunday 3 June
No need to get your luggage to the truck as we do a large loop on the coast crossing the Qora River and arrive at Kob Inn Hotel. We then race up the coast, keeping the sea on our right and cross the beaches of Jujura and Ngadla with our turnaround being Shixini Point. After returning to Mazeppa we grab a shower and a bite before Prize Giving. The busses transport all the riders back to East London airport.
Day 1 Morgan Bay to Wavecrest – 31km
Day 2 Wavecrest to Mazeppa – 35km
Day 3 Mazeppa to Shixini and back to Mazeppa – 34km
Team R 13 900
This cost includes
1. 3 nights Hotel accommodation (night before race starts plus 2 nights en route)
2. Shuttle transfer from East London Airport to Morgan Bay
3. Transfer from Finish back to East London Airport
4. Rental of a Rapid Fat Cat Pro fat bike
5. All meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Supper
6. 3 Days of unbelievable beach and beauty
7. A Great Goodie Bag
Payments via Credit Card and EFT accepted.
– 25% of entry fee will be retained for admin costs and the balance refunded if written notice is received 8 months before the event.
– 50% of the entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 6 months before.
– 25% of the entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 3 months before.
– 45 days or less 0% will be refunded but riders will however still be able to receive their goody bags.
– No refunds on extras.